Your child can benefit from taking a multivitamin if their diet isn’t well-balanced or if they are showing signs of vitamin deficiency. However, it’s important to choose a product that is adapted to the nutritional needs of your child. We have put together some tips and product recommendations to help you find the best multivitamin for kids.
Best Multivitamins For Kids Comparison Table
How We Chose Our Ratings
We have selected ten multivitamins for children and assigned ratings according to these criteria:
- Is the product made for children? We looked for multivitamins that are adapted to the nutritional needs of children.
- Transparency. We chose multivitamins that are transparent with the ingredients used and that make it easy to understand which vitamins and minerals your child is getting.
- Essential vitamins and minerals. We gave higher ratings to the products that can supplement your child’s diet with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Reviews. The multivitamins we selected received positive reviews and are made by manufacturers who have a positive reputation.
Top 10 Multivitamins For Kids
Here are a few products to consider if you are looking for the best multivitamin for kids.
1. Picky Eater Multi
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS - We focus on making vitamins with high quality ingredients that are vegan, Non-GMO, sugar...
- TRIPLE THE NUTRIENTS - A single kids multivitamin from Renzo's contains as many nutrients as 3 traditional gummy...
- ESSENTIAL NUTIRENTS - Our tasty multivitamin is packed with 18 hand-selected vitamins such as Iron, Zinc, vitamin A,...
The Picky Eater Multi is a supplement with 20 different vitamins and minerals. It contains Vitamin A, D, D3, E, and K. It also contains different forms of Vitamin B, including Vitamin B12. Some of the minerals present in this supplement are biotin, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. The product uses few ingredients, and the label is very transparent about which ingredients are used.
This supplement has a pleasant cherry taste and doesn’t contain any sugar. It contains xylitol, which helps prevent tooth decay. A toddler under the age of three will need one tablet a day, and a child over the age of four will need two. Each bottle contains 30 tablets, which represents a good value. This multivitamin is an interesting option because it covers a wide range of vitamins and minerals and doesn’t contain any sugar.
2. SmartyPants Kids Complete Daily Gummy Vitamins
- Kids Formula with new premium ingredients, all in one delicious serving: Beta Carotene, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K2 and...
- Only the good stuff: Non-GMO. Free of milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, soy, gluten...
- For children 4 years of age and older, take four (4) gummies daily. May be taken with or without food. No Dairy.No High...
These gummy vitamins contain vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, and EPA and DHA from fish oil. They use non-GMO ingredients and are a great option if your child is a picky eater who won’t eat fish. Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA, and DHA, are essential for brain, eye, and heart health. These nutrients are usually not included in multivitamin supplements.
This supplement will help your child meet their daily nutritional requirements for Vitamin B12, B6, A, C, D, E, and folate. It also contains sodium, zinc, and iodine. The only downside of this product is that it contains small quantities of sugar and carbs.
3. One A Day Kids With Nature’s Medley Complete Multivitamin Gummies
- Among leading brands, only One A Day Kids with Nature’s Medley is a complete multivitamin with natural antioxidants...
- Free of high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, artifical flavors, synthetic colors, and fish/shellfish...
- This great-tasting gummy is uniquely formulated for children ages 4+ with Vitamins A, D, Zinc, and Iodine to support...
The One A Day multivitamin gummies contain Vitamin A, C, D, B6, B12, E, and folate. Your child will also get their daily recommended dose of zinc and iodine with this supplement. This multivitamin is an interesting option because it is made with natural fruit and vegetable extracts. Most of the vitamins and minerals included in this product come from natural sources.
Your child will get a wide range of natural antioxidants that can only be found in fruits and vegetables. The downside of this multivitamin is that you can only use it if your child is older than four. Otherwise, this product is a great option if your child doesn’t eat enough fruits and vegetables.
4. Flintstones Children’s Complete Chewable Multivitamin
- Flintstones Complete Chewable multivitamins provide toddlers, children and teens with nutritional support in easy to...
- Free of synthetic artificial colors, artificial flavors, egg allergen, fish/crustacean shellfish allergens, high...
- Directions: Under adult supervision, product should be fully chewed or crushed Children 2 & 3 years of age: Fully chew...
You are probably familiar with the Flintstones multivitamin supplements. These chewable tablets are shaped like the popular cartoon characters and have a pleasant fruit flavor. You can give half a tablet to a toddler between two and three and an entire tablet a day to an older child. This product is ideal if your child suffers from allergies since it doesn’t contain any gluten, dairy products, or eggs.
This supplement contains zinc, and Vitamin A, C, D, and B. You should take a look at the other Flintstones supplements available since some products are made for toddlers or children with an iron deficiency.
5. Zarbee’s Naturals Children’s Complete Multivitamin Gummies
- KID'S MULTIVITAMIN: Our Children's Multivitamins are tasty & easy to chew, making an ideal first gummy for healthy...
- PACKED WITH VITAMINS: These Multivitamins are a great source of vitamins A, C, D3, E, B6, B12, & folic acid, & total...
- VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS: Fill nutritional gaps with something wholesome. From drink mixes to yummy honey-sweetened...
Zarbee’s multivitamin gummies contain a few carbs and sugar, but this product is a great choice due to the wide range of vitamins and minerals included. The fruit flavor also comes from natural ingredients. Your child will get Vitamin A, C, D3, E, B2, B6, and B12. This product also contains thiamin, niacin, folic acid, and zinc.
This multivitamin contains enough Vitamin C and B6 to meet your child’s daily requirements, but the other vitamins and minerals are present in smaller portions.This multivitamin is a good option if your child is already getting some vitamins and minerals from a healthy diet and doesn’t need a supplement that contains 100 percent or more of the vitamins and minerals they need.
6. Yum-V’s Multivitamin Complete + Mineral Formula Jellies Fruit
- YUM-V's Multivitamin plus Multimineral Jellies for Kids, Fruit Flavor (60 count). Tooth-friendly pectin gummy-like jelly...
- Dietary Supplement: Vitamins and minerals are an essential component in the growth and health of our children. YUM-V's...
- Features: We believe in using high-quality, natural ingredients for all of our products, and maintain a nut-free...
This multivitamin contains choline, which is an essential nutrient for cell and brain health. It is naturally found in eggs, meat, and some vegetables. If your child doesn’t eat a balanced diet, they could benefit from taking this supplement.
Your child will also get the Vitamin C and D they need. The product contains other vitamins such as Vitamins A, E, and several forms of vitamin B, but not in quantities sufficient to meet your child’s daily requirements This product uses natural colors and flavors and contains a few minerals, such as iodine, zinc, and biotin.
7. Swanson Children’s Chewable Multivitamin
We like this product because it covers a wide range of vitamins but the quantities don’t exceed the recommended daily values. Your child will get Vitamin A, C, D, E, folate, and B12 with this product. It also contains Vitamin B2, B6, thiamin, and niacin.
This multivitamin uses xylitol to naturally sweeten the gummies while preventing tooth decay. It has a natural orange flavor and can be used if your child is older than four. The downside of this supplement is that it doesn’t contain any minerals your child needs.
8. NovaFerrum Multivitamin With Iron Supplements For Infants And Toddlers
- Proven in a Clinical Trial: NovaFerrum has been clinically proven to be Safe, Well Tolerated, and Effective at raising...
- No Bad Stuff: NovaFerrum Does Not contain Gluten, Sugar, Alcohol, Parabens, Synthetic Colors, or Caffeine.
- Natural Fruit Extracts: NovaFerum Does contain Natural fruit flavors and Natural fruit sweeteners.
This is a multivitamin with a liquid formula, which is more convenient for babies and toddlers. It is designed to meet the daily nutritional requirements of a baby under 12 months of age and to supplement the needs of a toddler under four.
This supplement contains iron, and several vitamins, including Vitamin A, D, E, B1, B2, B6, and B12. You should talk to your doctor before using this product since not all babies and toddlers will need an iron supplement.
9. L’il Critters Gummy Vites Complete Multivitamin Gummies
This multivitamin supplement covers all the essential vitamins as well as a few minerals. It contains folic acid, Vitamin D, C, A, B6, B12, and E. Your child will also get zinc and iodine. You can give your child one or two gummies depending on their age. The product is safe to use since it doesn’t contain any allergens.
This supplement is a good option if your child isn’t getting enough vitamins from their diet but keep in mind that it doesn’t cover the essential minerals your child needs.
10. Naturelo Whole Food Multivitamin For Teens
- Designed for Teens:Specially formulated to support the nutritional needs of teenage boys and girls 12-18. Supports...
- Premium Plant-Based Ingredients: Our Whole Food Multivitamins are made with plant-based vitamins and minerals including...
- Better Bioavailability: Our premium formula includes activated B vitamins like Methyl Folate, B6 P-5-P, and B12...
This is a multivitamin supplement adapted to the nutritional needs of teens between the ages of 12 and 18. Your child will get a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including several forms of Vitamin B, and Vitamin A, C, D3, E, and K2.
The supplement also contains calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, and iodine. The downside of the product is that it doesn’t contain any iron.
How To Choose A Multivitamin Supplement For Your Child
You should ask yourself whether or not your child needs to take a supplement and look for a product adapted to the nutritional needs of your child.
Does Your Child Need A Multivitamin Supplement?
A lot of foods such as milk, breakfast, and orange juice are fortified with calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin D to prevent deficiencies. Your child might not suffer from a vitamin deficiency even if they are a picky eater thanks to these fortified foods. However, you should consider a multivitamin supplement for your child if their diet isn’t balanced due to allergies or other dietary restrictions. Your child can also benefit from taking a multivitamin if they suffer from a chronic health condition, can’t digest food properly, or if their growth has been slow. You should talk to your doctor about these issues and ask about vitamin supplements.
Adding a multivitamin supplement to your child’s diet will strengthen their immune system, support growth, and prevent deficiencies. However, a supplement shouldn’t replace a well-balanced diet. Look into introducing more dairies, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains into your child’s diet to make sure they get the vitamins and minerals they need. Try different foods to see what your child likes and think about working with a nutritionist if your child has any dietary restrictions.
You should also think about introducing a multivitamin supplement into your child’s diet if they are showing signs of a deficiency. These signs typically include getting sick regularly, especially with infections like the common cold. A child who isn’t getting enough vitamins might be tired all the time or show signs of depression.
Which Vitamins And Minerals Are Crucial?
Children have different nutritional needs because their bodies are still growing. A vitamin or mineral deficiency can slow down growth. Your child needs a diet rich in Vitamin A. This vitamin plays an important role in the creation of bone tissues and will also strengthen your child’s immune system.
Your child needs different forms of Vitamin B for their metabolism and energy levels. Vitamin B is essential for nervous system health and for creating muscle tissues, connective tissues, bones, and teeth.
Vitamin D is another essential element of your child’s diet since this vitamin helps the body absorb calcium. Calcium is needed for strong bones and teeth. Iron is an important mineral since it is used to form muscle tissues and red blood cells. Girls often experience iron deficiency when puberty begins.
What To Look For In A Multivitamin For Children
Choose a supplement made for children since multivitamin supplements for adults will contain more vitamins and minerals than your child needs. This isn’t an issue for water-soluble vitamins that the body can flush, but fat-soluble vitamins such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K will be stored and can reach toxic levels.
Make sure the multivitamin supplement you choose is adapted to the age of your child. Here are a few examples of daily recommended values for different vitamins and minerals:
- Your child needs 700mg of calcium a day before the age of 3. They would need 1,000mg a day once they turn four.
- A child between four and eight needs 1.2 micrograms of Vitamin B a day. This number increases to 1.8 micrograms between nine and 13, and to 2.4 micrograms after 13.
- Your child needs 400 IU of Vitamin D each day. This requirement is easy to meet thanks to fortified milk and breakfast cereal.
- A toddler needs 9 IU of Vitamin E each day. A child between four and eight will need 10.4 IU, a child between nine and 13 will need 16.4 IU, and a teen or adult will need 22 IU a day.
- Iron requirements range from seven to ten milligrams a day. Teen girls need 15mg a day once they start menstruating.
Check with your doctor to make sure that a multivitamin supplement is a good option for your child. Make sure you look at the ingredients and percentages of daily recommended values your child will get with different products to choose the best multivitamin for kids.
Last update on 2021-10-22 at 02:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API