The best baby shower gifts that new parents will love the most are often the things they’ll wish they had when they’re sleep deprived.
New parents put a lot of thought into what they’ll need when the baby comes when they create their registries, but they won’t always know what to buy their newborn until it’s too late.
Here are our 20 top picks and what you should look for.
Baby Shower Gift Buyer’s Guide
The most important things you need to determine to purchase the best baby shower gifts for new parents come down to what first time parents are sure to need and how close you are to the new family.
You don’t need to spoil every new baby in your life. Use this as a guide to know what to spend and what to buy the new baby in your life.
Top 20 Best Baby Shower Gifts
Now that you know what to buy and how much to spend on the new family in your life, here are the top 20 best baby shower gifts that new parents will love:
Multi-Purpose Baby Diaper Bag
- NAPPY CHANGING STATION: Stay prepared on the move with our easy, wipe clean table top baby changer, making a nappy...
- COMFY CRIB FOR SLEEPING: The Warming Wings SmartNest bassinet functions as a quiet and dark bed for your child to lay...
- LAB-CERTIFIED SAFE PLAYPEN: Simply fold up the convertible bassinet sides for your boy or girl toddler to have a padded...
This three in one diaper bag not only holds and organizes everything you need to replace a fresh diaper on the go, but it also converts into a travel bed or a portable changing station.
This gift is perfect for any new parent because they can change their newborn wherever they are but traveling parents will especially enjoy the convenience this bag brings.
The adjustable strap is comfortable, and the main compartments allow new parents to store toys, bottles, and all their changing necessities. Plus, the bag is easy to clean thanks to a waterproof coating, and the bed is a soft foam mattress comfy for babies to lay on.
SoundBub, White Noise
- PREMIUM SOUND OPTIONS: The SoundBub sound machine will help your baby drift off to sleep with several built-in white...
- DESIGNED FOR CONVENIENCE: Whether you’re a first-time mom or fourth-time mom, there’s no arguing that ease-of-use is...
- PROMOTES FAMILY BONDING: When paired with our VoiceShare mobile app, the SoundBub opens up a new world of family bonding...
Help new babies and their parents get more sleep with this white noise machine, which using white noise to allow newborns to fall asleep faster.
This model is portable and comes with 12 different sounds to choose from. It even has a Bluetooth speaker, allowing new parents to play their kid’s favorite songs or their own voice messages using the VoiceShare App.
- HD Quality video
- Night Vision
- Instant Alerts
A top-of-the-line baby monitor, the video streams in 1080p HD video quality throughout the day and night. You get free cloud storage of all the information for seven days, and the design is cute for kids.
This baby monitor really has it all. With a sensor to check the temperature and air quality, providing instant alerts, you can ensure your baby is entirely safe.
The app allows you to talk to your baby and view up to seven full days of video, while the nightlight feature changes colors. The monitor even has a speaker to play lullabies to cranky babies.
Medela Breast Pump
- Medela is the #1 Physician Recommended Breast Pump Product in the U.S.*
- DOUBLE ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP: Pump in Style is designed for daily use and moms who pump several times a day, thanks to...
- EASY PORTABILITY: Conveniently built into a stylish microfiber backpack for uncomplicated mobility, the Pump in Style...
With this double breast pump that comes as a handy backpack, new moms don’t have to stop what they’re doing to pump milk for their new baby.
The pump comes with adjustable speeds, and you can either plug it into a wall outlet or run the pump using the eight AA batteries. Designed for everyday use, moms can pump several times each day, whether they’re on the go or at home.
The unique feature of this electric pump is that it also comes with four bottles and a removable cooler. The microfiber backpack discretely holds everything you need, and the technology was designed to help new mothers produce more milk more efficiently.
ZoLi Buzz Nail Trimmer
- Safe and effective for babies to toddlers
- Includes storage case and (4) cushioned pads with varying grits. Stage 1 - 0-3 months. Stage 2 - 3-6 months. Stage 3 -...
Created to keep a newborn’s tiny fingernails trimmed perfectly, this newborn nail clipper is safe for babies or toddlers.
It is battery operated and designed to file down the nail without harming any surrounding skin. The cushioned pads come with varying grits that are perfect for different stages in the baby’s life, from 0-3 months to 12+ months.
Munchkin BRICA GoBoost Travel Booster Seat
For parents who are constantly on-the-go or enjoy heading to restaurants often, a super comfy travel booster seat is a must-have.
This model even has a storage compartment under the seat for bibs, bottles, or wipes, which is an added convenience any parent will adore. The seat is easy to clean, and the grip traction pads on the bottom add stability.
Little Remedies Gripe Water
- Gently relieves stomach discomfort from gas, colic, fussiness and hiccups
- Made with organic agave syrup.Paraben free
- Formula includes ginger and fennel which have been shown to be beneficial as an aid to digestion
This may not be the most appealing gift, but it is practical. Gripe water is an absolute go-to when a newborn winds up with stomach discomfort, gas, or hiccups. It’s an herbal supplement with no alcohol, artificial colors, or sodium bicarbonate, and it’s gluten-free.
Baby Wrap Ergo Carrier Sling
- Carry your baby HANDS FREE! There's nothing in the world that compares to the feeling of a sleeping child against your...
- GET THINGS DONE WHILE BONDING - Develop strong emotional bonds and constant stimulation with the flexibility and freedom...
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE - Support your baby in this MACHINE WASHABLE buckle-free, ring-free, Premium blend of 95% Cotton,...
Wrap up babies to easily carry them around. This sling allows parents to bond with their baby and create a stress-free, soothing environment newborns love.
The Ergo carrier allows parents to wrap their baby in different ways, and it is machine washable.
Lalabu Soothe Shirts
- Easy-to-use pouch calms newborns. No wrapping, adjusting, or tying -- just slip baby in the pouch.
- Sporty v-neck design with slim fit and short sleeves. Made in USA of the best domestic and imported fabrics. Our premium...
- Breathable mesh panel encourages bonding with baby and the adjustable head support/pouch extender grows with baby.
A gift for dads, this shirt allows dads to bond with their newborn too. Rather than wrapping the baby up in a sling or carrier, all dads need to do is slide their baby into the pouch and wear their baby tucked into their shirt.
TempTraq Wearable Smart Thermometer
No products found.
A wearable thermometer, this model comes in the form of a sticker that parents simply attach to their baby to monitor health through an app.
New parents won’t have to work about poking and prodding their newborn as they try to figure out how to use traditional thermometers, and you can monitor continuously for up to 48 hours to receive alerts on a sick baby.
The latex sticker is comfortable to wear and safe for baby’s skin, and parents can use their smartphones to track vital information.
Puncia Smart Milk Bottle Warmer
- BEST TEMP FOR BABY ---- You can set any temp from 10℃ to 90℃ . Easy to use water into mug and use "+" or "- " button...
- LCD TEMPE DISPLAY ---- Please see the third picture,Our bottle warmer for car LCD will display the actually temperature....
- BABY BOTTLE WARMER AND WATER HEATER ---Not only for bottle warmer but formula water wamer too.I think the light point is...
Another product that’s perfect for on-the-go parents, this smart bottle warmer will allow new parents to heat up milk no matter where they are.
The 12V warmer plugs into the car, and you can set the warmer to your desired temperature setting. The smart device even shuts off if it doesn’t detect any liquid to save new parents from mishaps.
Munch Mitts Silicone Teething Mitten
No products found.
Newborns aren’t teething yet, but when they begin to reach that stage, their hands will always be in their mouth. Give mom and dad something to keep their teething baby safe from scratching themselves and satisfy their need to bite at the same time well before the mood strikes, and they’ll be ready for the madness.
Babies will love the crinkle sound this toy makes as well, and the mitt will save you from constantly picking up toys from the floor. It’s a stimulating toy, a teething ring, and a hand mitt all in one!
Pockit Lightweight Stroller
- WORLD’S SMALLEST FOLDING STROLLER - With its innovative two-step folding design, the Pockit is the 2014 Guiness World...
- SMALL BUT STRONG - Built using high quality, durable materials, the Pockit can hold a child from 6 months up to 55...
- PERFECT FOR DAY TRIPS OR EXTENDED TRAVEL - For families with a passion for local or overseas travel and exploring,...
A compact and lightweight stroller, this model can fold to fit into a large bag and only weighs 10 pounds!
Not only can the stroller fold to fit into any standard airplane overhead compartment, but it was also designed to hold up to 55 pounds. Rather than lug around a bulky stroller, new parents can enjoy the convenience of the world’s smaller folding stroller.
It may only last for the first six months of the baby’s life, but it’s perfect for traveling families and comes with everything you could need, including a storage compartment, padded handle grips, an overhead canopy, rear-wheel parking brakes, lockable swivel wheels, and high-quality materials.
BabyDam Bathtub Divider
- BabyDam has been specifically designed to turn your family bath into your baby's bath
- BabyDam creates a smooth transition from a baby bath to a family bath, accompanying your baby while growing from a...
- BabyDam will save you ten's of litres of precious water during every bath time, as you will only need to fill the...
BabyDam turns a normal bathtub into a baby bath easily, and it can be set up in any traditional family tub.
New parents can take it on the go or set it up at home, and the design allows the divider to position anywhere you need. Set up the divider and hop right in the tub during bath time to avoid back or butt pain from bending over and use it for years to come.
Kiinde Breast Milk Storage Twist Starter Kit
- Pump breast milk directly into storage bags; Bags twist lock directly onto pumps from all major brands; Collect, store,...
- Feed directly from pouches, no transfer of breast milk needed; Pouch drops into bottle frame for feeding; No risk of...
- Includes Pump and Nipple Adapters; adapters fit every major pump brand for leak free, transfer free pumping, directly...
Complete with everything new moms need to breastfeed, the kit comes with leak-proof bottles, milk storage bags, pump adapters, a breast milk storage bag, and nipples for latching help. It’s designed to prevent leaking and allows moms to store every drop.
OXO Tot Bottle Brush
- Brush fits easily in stand for convenient, upright storage
- Stand keeps countertops dry, has a pour spout and comes apart for easy cleaning
- Combines soft bristles for gentle cleaning and firm ones for serious scrubbing
A simple gift, this bottle brush was created to clean the hard to reach areas in most bottles. Designed with a flexible neck and detachable handle, the brush can even clean breast pump parts or smaller baby pieces.
Evenflo Baby Gate
- Greate quality
- The Amazing Product
- The best product
A baby gate with a one-handed locking mechanism like this model allows parents to pass through the gate quickly while keeping kids from wandering. You can glance at the indicator light to know if the gate is locked, and the expandable frame won’t require anchoring the gate to the wall for use.
- ALL-IN-ONE DIAPER PAIL - Diaper Genie’s ultimate diaper disposal system controls odors and makes changing your...
- BUILT-IN ANTIMICROBIAL – The Complete Pail and the 7-layer refill contain a built-in antimicrobial to prevent germ...
- KEEP YOUR NURSERY FRESH – Unlike other pails without clamps, the Complete Pail features Double Air-Tite clamps that...
The perfect gift for new parents, no one thinks about how quickly the kitchen trash can will fill up with stinky used diapers until it happens. A diaper genie isn’t the most unique gift, but it will lock the odor away from the home, and it has a hands-free design for easy opening.
Quick-Change Crib Sheets
- FASTER, SAFER, EASIER: QuickZip Crib Sheet Set is the fastest, safest & easiest crib sheet solution for every new parent...
- SMART, PATENTED DESIGN: Our crib sheets use a patented design that features a SecureFit Wraparound Base, sold...
- NO HASSLE: Once you zip the crib sheet on, it stays put until you zip it off, easily withstanding the movements of your...
These sheets come in a variety of colors or patterns and are perfect for first-time parents!
They zip on and off easily in the event of an accident (which will happen eventually) to make cleanup easier than ever. The sheets fit a standard crib size, and they’re 100% cotton.
Little Spoon Baby Food Delivery Service
Image: Screenshot from www.littlespoon.com
A unique gift for new parents, Little Spoon is a baby food delivery service that sends organic baby food directly to your door each week.
You could sign up new parents for a couple of months to give it a try, and all the new parents will need to do when the food arrives is heat it up. Certain blends even help benefit babies in different ways, like building immunity or aiding digestion.
How We Chose Our Ratings
Honestly and accuracy are vital in creating the perfect best-of list, so we first consider what products new parents need more than those who are having their second, third, or fourth child.
We then consider what new products are on the market that fit these criteria and explores real customer reviews to ensure each pick is really one of the best options.
image via pixabay.com
What to Buy
First-time parents often don’t always know exactly what they’re going to need. Their gift registry may include lots of cute things for the baby, like clothing and toys, but it’s also important to include practical items that new parents are sure to need, including:
- Diapers and wipes
- Baby bathers
- Swaddling and burping cloths
- Formula and small snacks
- Placemats and pocket bibs to help clean up after feeding
- Baby proofing kits, with electrical plug protectors, doorknob covers, and drawer latches
- Toiletries, such as shampoo, lotion, diaper cream, nail clippers, and other baby necessities
- Kitchen items, like bottles, sippy cups, spoons, and plastic plates
- Laundry detergent for sensitive babies
- Medical care kits, with thermometers, nasal aspirators, medicine droppers, and other first aid
- Gift cards, for either restaurant, baby stores, or even Amazon to give exhausted new parents a break in case they come up with something else they need
You may also want to consider gifts to mark the special occasion. Having your first child is a once in a lifetime experience, and you’ll want to find a gift unique to the important occasion.
Consider professional baby photography experiences, personalized baby blankets or pillows, birth announcements, or a 3D baby casting mold.
Stick away from gifts involving personal décor unless you know how the new parents want to decorate the baby’s room as they may already have a theme or color scheme they want to follow. Avoid formal baby clothing and jewelry.
Although you may get away with gifting traditional christening wear to the right family, formal wear and jewelry isn’t used long and is often left to collect dust.
Sometimes the perfect gifts are the practical options, which include all the things new moms and dads may not have thought they would need.
How Much to Spend
Finding a gift for the new parents in your life isn’t the hard part though. What’s more challenging for most people is knowing how much to spend on baby gifts.
First, consider how close you are to the new family. Baby Center says a good rule of thumb is to spend $20-$25 on a co-worker or acquaintance. If they’re close family members or people you think of as close friends, you may consider spending more.
Baby Center suggests spending $50 on a close friend and up to $100 on a best friend or close family member.
Last update on 2021-10-22 at 01:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API